Mother’s Day Makeover Contest
We are pleased to announce that Susan Lamb is the winner of our Huntington Spa Mother’s Day Makeover Contest! Susan is a single mother who devoted her life to overcoming adversity and raising her son to be successful, healthy and well-rounded, despite many challenges. She has made an effort to live in the present, be there for her son, and to fill each day with hope for herself and others. According to her son, she has been “everyone’s mom,” treating all she meets and knows as if they were her own while leading by example and reinforcing ethics, tradition and hard work.
In the last few years, Susan has managed to overcome a number of obstacles while maintaining her positive attitude and spirit. She is a colon cancer survivor, proud to be cancer-free for over seven years, and she was also greatly affected by the economic downturn. Susan has also lost some close relatives recently and now devotes much of her time to caring for her own mother, who is struggling with Alzheimer’s disease.
Despite a number of struggles and challenges that life has dealt her, Susan remains present and cherishes life’s special moments. She continues to be positive, strong, and determined to make the best out of life and to be an uplifting influence on others. She also dedicates much of her free time to charity work at organizations such as the Foothill Community Center, Royal Oaks Senior Community Center, the Pasadena Humane Society and Beagles & Buddies.
As the contest winner, Susan will enjoy the following:
- A Chuan Yu Facial - Signature facial using Jade stones to stimulate and massage the face, improving facial tone, eliminating toxins and increasing blood circulation
- A Chuan Harmony Massage - Acupressure massage restoring balance and harmony to the body, promoting overall wellness
- Haircut, color, blow dry and style at The Huntington Spa’s salon
- Makeup application session with makeup gift
- Private session with wellness coach Amy Wheeler, Ph.D. (in-person or via Skype)
- New outfit provided by Serafina, a luxurious women’s boutique
- Local transportation to and from The Langham Huntington, Pasadena (within 50 mile radius)
We are so honored to share Susan Lamb’s story and we wish her the best Mother’s Day ever!